QI TRAINING 1:1 TIME WITH A QI SPECIALIST
Many QI projects fail to achieve expected goals for a number of reasons. There are several factors to recognize when initiating a QI project such as involvement and engagement of your healthcare team and stakeholders1.
It’s imperative to start your QI project with leadership support, identify colleagues that should be on your team, identify workflows and gaps and use a QI process for data collection and ongoing re-assessment2.
One important QI barrier identified by a survey of acute care hospital senior managers responsible for QI is not having time and problems with staff prioritizing QI projects with other responsibilities3.
Having access to a QI specialist can help you with your preparation, planning and execution throughout your QI project to achieve your goals.
1. Silver SA, Harel Z, McQuillan R et al. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 May 6; 11(5): 893–900. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4858490/
2. Zoutman DE & Ford BD. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2017 Feb 13;30(1):16-24. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28105882/
3. Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative https://malnutritionquality.org/starting-qi/
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR 1:1 QI SESSIONS
Are you ready to implement a QI project in your institution?
Do you need a QI expert’s guidance to take your project from getting started to completion?
Apply for grant 1:1 sessions with a Quality Improvement Specialist
The following criteria must be met to apply:
- Must be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Registered Nurses, or practicing clinician in the United States
- Must be currently practicing in an acute care or post-acute care setting
- Participation in 4-Part live webinar series (Nov 3-Dec 15, 2022 OR listened to 4-Part webinar series recordings)
- Must provide a working email address
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience
- Must work with enteral nutrition patients daily
- Must obtain manager or supervisor approval to apply.
Selected grant applicants are required to review and sign a written agreement with Nestlé Health Science.