You must be logged in to view all resources.
1. Ward ZJ, Bleich SN, Cradock AL et al. Projected U.S. State-Level Prevalence of Adult Obesity and Severe Obesity. N Engl J Med. 2019 Dec 19;381(25):2440-2450.
2. Tiwari A, Balasundaram P. Public Health Considerations Regarding Obesity. [Updated 2023 Mar 8]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-.
3. Thorpe, K; Toles, A; Shah, Bimal et al. Weight Loss-Associated Decreases in Medical Care Expenditures for Commercially Insured Patients With Chronic Conditions. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine: October 2021, 63 (10); 847-851
5. Ryan DH, Yockey SR. Weight Loss and Improvement in Comorbidity: Differences at 5%, 10%, 15%, and Over. Curr Obes Rep. 2017 Jun;6(2):187-194.
6. Younossi ZM, Golabi P, Paik JM et al. The global epidemiology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): a systematic review. Hepatology. 2023 Apr 1;77(4):1335-1347.
7. Abd El-Kader SM, El-Den Ashmawy EM. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: The diagnosis and management. World J Hepatol. 2015 Apr 28;7(6):846-58.
8. Karjoo S et al. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity: An Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement (CPS) 2022, Obesity Pillars, Volume 3, 2022.
9. Cusi K, Isaacs S, Barb D et al. American Association of Clinical Endocrinology Clinical Practice Guideline for the Diagnosis and Management of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Primary Care and Endocrinology Clinical Settings: Co-Sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD). Endocr Pract. 2022 May;28(5):528-562.
10. Scragg J, Avery L, Cassidy S et al. Feasibility of a Very Low Calorie Diet to Achieve a Sustainable 10% Weight Loss in Patients With Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Clin Transl Gastroenterol. 2020 Sep;11(9):e00231. doi: 10.14309/ctg.0000000000000231.
11. Wondmkun YT. Obesity, Insulin Resistance, and Type 2 Diabetes: Associations and Therapeutic Implications. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2020 Oct 9;13:3611-3616.
13. Evert AB, Dennison M, Gardner CD et al. Nutrition Therapy for Adults With Diabetes or Prediabetes: A Consensus Report. Diabetes Care. 2019 May;42(5):731-754.
14. Echouffo-Tcheugui JB, Selvin E. Prediabetes and What It Means: The Epidemiological Evidence. Annu Rev Public Health. 2021 Apr 1;42:59-77.
15. Lean ME et al. Primary care-led weight management for remission of type 2 diabetes (DiRECT): an open-label, cluster-randomised trial. Lancet. 2018 Feb 10;391(10120):541-551.
16. Noronha JC, Thom G, Lean MEJ. Total Diet Replacement Within an Integrated Intensive Lifestyle Intervention for Remission of Type 2 Diabetes: Lessons From DiRECT. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2022 Jun 2;13:888557.
17. Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Research Group. The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP): description of lifestyle intervention. Diabetes Care. 2002 Dec;25(12):2165-71
18. Salvia MG. The Look AHEAD Trial: Translating Lessons Learned Into Clinical Practice and Further Study. Diabetes Spectr. 2017 Aug;30(3):166-170.
19. Younossi ZM, Corey KE, Lim JK. AGA Clinical Practice Update on Lifestyle Modification Using Diet and Exercise to Achieve Weight Loss in the Management of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Expert Review. Gastroenterology. 2021 Feb;160(3):912-918.
20. Ard JD, Lewis KH, Rothberg A, Auriemma A, Coburn SL, Cohen SS, Loper J, Matarese L, Pories WJ, Periman S. Effectiveness of a Total Meal Replacement Program (OPTIFAST Program) on Weight Loss: Results from the OPTIWIN Study. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2019 Jan;27(1):22-29.
21. Rothberg AE, Ard JD, Auriemma A et al. Effect of Total Meal Replacement Program Compared with a Reduced-Energy Food-Based Diet Plan on Glycemic Status—Results from the OPTIWIN Study. Diabetes 1 July 2018; 67 (Supplement_1): 298–LB. https://doi.org/10.2337/db18-298-LB
22. Keogh JB, Clifton PM. Meal replacements for weight loss in type 2 diabetes in a community setting. J Nutr Metab. 2012;1-7. doi:10.1155/2012/918571.