QI TRAINING 1:1 TIME WITH A QI SPECIALIST
Many QI projects fail to achieve expected goals for a number of reasons. There are several factors to recognize when initiating a QI project such as involvement and engagement of your healthcare team and stakeholders1.
It’s imperative to start your QI project with leadership support, identify colleagues that should be on your team, identify workflows and gaps and use a QI process for data collection and ongoing re-assessment2.
One important QI barrier identified by a survey of acute care hospital senior managers responsible for QI is not having time and problems with staff prioritizing QI projects with other responsibilities3.
Having access to a QI specialist can help you with your preparation, planning and execution throughout your QI project to achieve your goals.
1. Silver SA, Harel Z, McQuillan R et al. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 May 6; 11(5): 893–900. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4858490/
2. Zoutman DE & Ford BD. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2017 Feb 13;30(1):16-24. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28105882/
3. Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative https://malnutritionquality.org/starting-qi/
RESOURCES & TOOLS
- AIM Statement Fillable Form
- Communication Plan
- Communications Styles Worksheet
- Control Chart Template
- Control Plan Worksheet
- Dashboard Template
- Data Collection Form
- ENact® PowerPoint Template
- Fishbone Fillable Form
- Histogram Worksheet
- Implementation Plan
- Line Graph Template
- Project Charter Template ENact® 2022
- Sample AIM Statements from ENact® QI Projects 2022
- Stakeholder Analysis Template
Access additional QI Resources and Tools: