You must be logged in to view all resources.
- https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/diabetes.html Last Reviewed: April 24, 2023. Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Alison B. Evert, Michelle Dennison, Christopher D. Gardner, W. Timothy Garvey, Ka Hei Karen Lau, Janice MacLeod, Joanna Mitri, Raquel F. Pereira, Kelly Rawlings, Shamera Robinson, Laura Saslow, Sacha Uelmen, Patricia B. Urbanski, William S. Yancy; Nutrition Therapy for Adults With Diabetes or Prediabetes: A Consensus Report. Diabetes Care 1 May 2019; 42 (5): 731–754. https://doi.org/10.2337/dci19-0014
- ElSayed NA, Aleppo G, Aroda VR et al. on behalf of the American Diabetes Association. Introduction and Methodology: Standards of Care in Diabetes-2023. Diabetes Care. 2023 Jan 1;46(Suppl 1):S1-S4.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Statistics Report website. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/data/statistics-report/index.html Accessed on August 11, 2023.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Diabetes and Digestion. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/library/features/diabetes-digestion.html Accessed on August 16, 2023.
- Sadiya A. Nutritional therapy for the management of diabetic gastroparesis: clinical review. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2012;5:329-35
- Franz MJ, Boucher JL, Rutten-Ramos S, VanWormer JJ. Lifestyle weight-loss intervention outcomes in overweight and obese adults with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Sep;115(9):1447-63. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2015.02.031. Epub 2015 Apr 29. PMID: 25935570.
- American Heart Association. Added Sugars. Last reviewed: November, 2, 2021. https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/sugar/added-sugars. Accessed on August 11, 2023.