About this Video
Nutritional Management of GSD Type I (segment 1)
Please join our speaker Kaitalin Ross, RD, LD/N of The University of Florida Glycogen Storage Disease Program as she explains the Nutritional Management of GSD Type I at University of Florida.
By viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different dietary guidelines and /or sugar restrictions associated with Type 1 of GSD discussed
- Explain the rationale of the current nutritional managements associated with Type 1 of GSD discussed
- Apply knowledge of nutritional deficiencies to promote appropriate weight gain/growth and optimize the patient’s nutritional status
Nutritional Management of GSD Type III (segment 2)
Please join Anne Boney, Med, RD, LD, Pediatric metabolic dietitian as she describes evidence behind the Nutritional Management of GSD Type III.
Participants of this presentation will be able to:
- Identify the differences between GSD Type III a and Type III b
- Explain the evidence to support nutritional management of GSD type III
- Apply implications from case examples of nutritional management in practical situations